Popular online information for All
Buy Fosamax - Coupon Code.
Get 20% off from All-Medications.biz:
Remember this discount coupon code:20%off
Tip: How to Use Coupon Code?
1. Click this banner and go to All-Medications.biz
2. Choice products and click "Add to cart".
3. Go to "Checkout" and enter your credit card info.
4. Type or paste the coupon code above in the "Discount Coupon" box and press button "Add".
5. Complete your purchase.
Fosamax is a medicine widely prescribed for the treatment of Bone diseases such as Osteoporosis and Paget's disease.
The active component of Fosamax is a compound that increases the bone formation and corrects bone breakdown in the body.
Fosamax is a possible throat and mouth irritant. Fosamax should be taken with precaution as it might cause mouth irritation when chewed or broken down. It is advised to take Fosamax with a full glass of water (about 6-8 ounces) and avoid chewing or breaking down the tablet as it might irritate your throat and mouth. In short, just swallow the tablet whole.
Fosamax is usually prescribed for once-a-week intake. An advice is to take it on the same day each week. It is also best to take Fosamax in the morning before eating or drinking anything. The full action of Fosamax could only be felt when it is not taken along with other foods and beverages as they may greatly decrease the action of Fosamax in your body. The appropriate time would be 30 minutes before your morning meal.
Fosamax comes in a tablet form so you have to swallow them whole; after swallowing the tablet with a full glass of water, avoid lying down. Remain properly and fully upright either standing or sitting down for at least 30 minutes. Do not take Fosamax when you are about to go to bed or when you about to get up for the day, as you should not lie down after taking Fosamax.
It is okay when you miss a dose when taking Fosamax, as there are no effects on your medication and treatment when a single dose has been missed. When missing a dosage of Fosamax, just take a tablet the morning after you remember and continue with your normal schedule of Fosamax intake after that.
Remember not to take double doses when you missed a dose of Fosamax as it is strictly not advised. Just take one tablet and return to your normal once-a-week intake.
Effects of Overdosage of medicine are unknown but the following symptoms could be expected when an overdose occurs:
- Abdominal pain;
- Other abnormal behavior;
- Stomach related disorders such as cramps and diarrhea;
- Uncontrollable facial grimace;
When you experience the following discomforts when taking Fosamax, you should seek medical attention immediately
- Allergic reactions such as breathing discomforts, closing of throat, swelling of facial body parts such as lips and tongue or the entire face;
- Burning sensation in ribs and back;
- Chest pains, difficulty in breathing and swallowing;
- Heartburn whether newly acquired or worsening condition;
You can also expect to feel the following discomforts when taking Fosamax, talk to your healthcare provider when you feel the following:
- Abdominal distress;
- Eye pain;
- Or an altered sense of taste;
- Other side effects are not listed here but when unusual discomfort is felt when taking Fosamax, discontinue use and talk to your doctor immediately for him/her to advise you on the proper course of action;
- Soreness of muscle, joints, or bones;
- Stomach aches, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting or constipation;
Fosamax interacts with antacids and other oral medicines. It is suggested to take other medicines before or after 30 minutes of intake of Fosamax. Fosamax can also greatly increase stomach activity so be careful when drinking the following medicines when taking Fosamax
- Nsaid (non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs) such as aspirin, advil, midol and others;
- Other drugs that may further increase stomach activity;
Consult with your doctor first before taking Fosamax when you are taking this anti-inflammatory drugs or pain relievers as they can cause stomach upset.
When you have other diseases aside from bone related ones, you should first seek medical advice before taking Fosamax.
Among these diseases are:
- Esophageal diseases such as esophageal ulcers;
- Kidney disorders;
- Low level of calcium in the body;
- Not being able to sit and/or stand straight for a full 30 minutes as this is really essential when taking Fosamax;
- Stomach and other digestive problems;
- Swallowing problem such as narrowing of the esophagus;
Other Brand Names
In some countries Fosamax may also be known as:
- Alendronic Acid;
- Findeclin Combi;